Translate

Monday, March 25, 2013

ON MARCH 24, 2008 MY MOM DIED (Primary biliary cirrhosis)


It’s already been five (5) years since I’ve lost my best friend, my Mom.

I still can’t believe that I can’t call her to tell her good and bad news, yet in a way I’m glad she’s not around when I learned that I have Cancer.  That news would have been very hard on her.  I’m selfish to wish she was still here; I would love to hear her voice, her laughter and her advice.  I do dream about her often, and each dream is different, yet we are always with other people and she’s there as if she didn’t die.  It sometimes feels so real, that when I wake up I seem to think they made a mistake, or she came back in the morgue and she didn’t really die.  I miss her so much!!!  I wish she was here, yet I know that she’s at a better place now, and watching over us.  Some people say that there is a heaven, many have had near death experiences and have come back to tell the tale of what they saw.  Some of the people who have had these experiences are not ever believers of God, and yet they have seen him in their experiences.  So therefore I’m sure she’s in Heaven, since she was such a good person.

Poem Dedicated to My Mom

Every time that I smile,
Every time that I sigh,
I think of your face,
And a tear escapes my eye.

You were my world,
My inspiration and my heart,
But when you left me,
I thought I would fall apart.

You were my best friend,
My one true 'confidante',
And that's not all you were,
You were also my mom.
I know that you’re in a better place
Watching over me But I still miss you so much,
I would have given anything to have you back,
But I know now that it was meant to be.
You were the greatest and did your best
You had no control as to the sickness that you had,
Yet you made the best of it to be there for me
I Love you Mom, and you’ll always be in my heart.
 
Luv,
 
Chantal
 
My Mother had a rare disease called; 
"Primary biliary cirrhosis, often abbreviated PBC, is an autoimmune disease of the liver[1] marked by the slow progressive destruction of the small bile ducts of the liver, with the intralobular ducts (Canals of Hering) affected early in the disease.[2] When these ducts are damaged, bile builds up in the liver (cholestasis) and over time damages the tissue. This can lead to scarring, fibrosis and cirrhosis. "
 
The above was taken from Wikipedia.
 
My mother had a weakened immune system due to her disease, yet she finally died from pneumonia.
 
Until next time.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment